- Name: Chris Langer
- Filing date: January 25, 2021
- State of filing: California
- Name: My Escondido Bcg LLC
- Website: www.northcountycadillac.com
- Industry: Automobile
- Summary: My Escondido Bcg LLC owns and operates North County Cadillac, a new and used Cadillac dealer in San Diego, California.
On January 25, 2021, Chris Langer filed a Complaint in California State court against My Escondido Bcg LLC. Plaintiff Chris Langer alleges that www.northcountycadillac.com is not accessible per the WCAG 2.1 accessibility standard(s).
Plaintiff alleges issues in its Complaint including the following:
the video lacked closed captioning, which made him unable to fully understand and consume the contents of the videos.
Plaintiff asserts the following cause(s) of action in its Complaint:
- VIOLATION OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, 42 U.S.C. section 12101, et seq.
- VIOLATION OF THE UNRUH CIVIL RIGHTS ACT, Cal. Civ. Code § 51-53
Plaintiff seeks the following relief by way of its Complaint:
- A Declaratory Judgment that at the commencement of this action Defendants were in violation of the requirements of the ADA due to Defendants’ failures to take action to ensure that its websites were fully accessible to and independently usable by hearing-impaired individuals, including providing closed-captioning on all video content containing audio elements.
- Pursuant to 42 U.S.C § 12181, a preliminary and permanent injunction enjoining Defendants from violating the ADA with respect to its website.
- Damages under the Unruh Civil Rights Act § 511 , which provides for actual damages and a statutory minimum of $4,000 for each offense.
- Reasonable attorney fees, litigation expenses and costs of suit, pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 12205; and Cal. Civ. Code § 52.