- Name: Luis Licea
- Filing date: February 28, 2019
- State of filing: California
- Name: Lolliprops, Inc.
- Website: www.tempaperdesigns.com
- Industry: Consumer Goods
- Summary: Lolliprops owns and operates the website, www.tempaper.com, where they sell removable wallpaper.
On February 28, 2019, Luis Licea filed a Complaint in California Federal court against Lolliprops, Inc. . Plaintiff Luis Licea alleges that www.tempaperdesigns.com is not accessible per the WCAG 2.0 accessibility standard(s).
Plaintiff alleges issues in its Complaint including the following:
- Empty or mising form labels resulting in an inability for screen reader users to access text.
- Empty links that contain no text.
- Reduntant links wehre adjacent links go to the same URL address, resulting in additional navigation for screen reader users.
Plaintiff asserts the following cause(s) of action in its Complaint:
Unruh Civil Rights Act, California Civil Code, Section 51, et seq.
Plaintiff seeks the following relief by way of its Complaint:
- A judgement that Defendant violated Plaintiff’s rights under the Unruh Civil Rights Act;
- A preliminary and permanent injunction requiring Defendant to take the steps necessary to make the website readily accessible but limits the the amount Defendant must expend to $74,999.
- An award of statutory minimum damages of $4,000 per violation, not to exceed $74,999.
- Attorneys’ fees and expenses.
- Pre-judgement interest.
- Costs of suit.
- For such other relief as the Court deems just and proper.